A Little About Bruce
Speaker, Bible Teacher, Author, Advocate
Bruce speaks and writes extensively on hope, mission, the Gospel in culture, and investing our lives in what matters most. He has been a pastor, Bible teacher, speaker and counselor for over 22 years and is the founder and CEO of Invest Your Life Ministries. One of his greatest joys is helping folks figure out what they do best and invest their life in what matters most! Bruce is the author of “Desperate For Hope” and the co-founder of The CornerStone Initiative, a community development ministry serving the least of these in Huntsville, Alabama. He has been married for 33 years and has one son. He is an avid outdoorsman and has backpacked over 1,500 miles in the Appalachians and the High Sierras.
Keynote Conference Topics
- Invest Your Life: Understanding giftedness, motivation, and discovering your life’s calling. Then learning how to best invest your time, talent, and treasure to fulfill it!
- Unlearning Poverty: How to practice healthy community development by moving beyond relief efforts to meaningful relationships with the poor.
- Desperate For Hope: Coping with suffering and loss, and finding meaning in the midst of pain.
- Lord of the Rings: Designed for marriage enrichment, specifically communication, emotional and physical intimacy, and conflict resolution.
Other Topics I Speak On:
- The Perfect Storm: Why God is more intent on perfecting you through trouble than protecting you from trouble.
- The Church and Social Justice: Understanding the Church’s call to serve “the least of these.”
- The Gospel and Race Relations: Exploring racial inequity and what you can do to bring change.
- The Born Identity: Developing a healthy sense of identity, personhood, and significance so we can become all that God created us to be.
- Fearless: Overcoming fear, worry and anxiety, and learning to live courageously.
- Exposing The Matrix: Re-Imagining the Gospel in 21st century American culture and living it out in meaningful ways.
February 21, 2017
for Community Compassion
The Jackson Center
6001 Moquin Drive
Hunstville, AL 35806
Register at: cornerstone-al.org
February 24-26, 2017
Rivertree Youth Winter Retreat
11115 Co Rd 88
Pisgah, AL 35765
February 28th & March 7th
“Building the Kingdom of God”
Finding Your Place in God’s Redemptive Work
Tuesdays from 7:00 – 8:15 PM
Weatherly Heights Baptist Church
1306 Cannstatt Dr SE
Huntsville, AL 35803
To register call (256) 881-6882
May 19-21, 2017
Born 2 Be Wild Backpacking Adventure
Max Patch Bald to Hot Springs, NC
Contact Bruce at 256-384-5048 for more info
June 11, 2017, Sunday 2-8 PM
Good Success Conference 2017
The Jackson Center
6001 Moquin Dr NW
Huntsville, AL 35806
For more information or to register:
Good Success Conference
July 13-15, 2017
Speak Up Conference
Prince Conference Center
1800 E Beltline Ave. SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Register at: http://speakupconference.com/
“The message you gave was the single most thorough and insightful presentation regarding why genuine Christians can still experience trials and tribulations that I have heard since I became a Christian about 27 years ago. It was tremendously liberating and encouraging.”A.C. – Huntsville, AL
“I still hear people in our church refer back to, apply and share with others what they learned during the Desperate For Hope Revival. God has definitely gifted Bruce as a communicator and this important message of hope has helped many of us become stronger in our faith during uncertain and difficult times. If you want to strengthen believers and provide a relevant message for unbelievers, I highly recommend you make plans to host a Desperate For Hope Revival.”
Bobby Gordon, Pastor, GracePointe Church
Previous Speaking Engagements:
- GO Conference – Cove Church, Hampton Cove, AL (2016)
- The Problem of Mass Incarceration – Monte Sano UMC (2016)
- Speak Up! – Authentic Manhood: Huntsville, AL (2016)
- CCDA National Conference – Workshop Leader (2015, 2012)
- The Perfect Storm – New Beginnings Christian Church, Huntsville, AL (2015)
- Cornerstone Conference for Community Compassion (C4) (2015, 2014, 2013)
- The Church and Race Relations – UAH Department of Diversity, Huntsville, AL (2015)
- All Lives Matter – Forum for Huntsville Housing Authority, Huntsville, AL (2015)
- Desperate For Hope Conference at GracePointe Church, New Market AL, (2014)
- Deer Run Retreat Center – Couples Romance Weekends, Franklin, TN (2013, 2012, 2010)